The Children & family centre
The Children and Family Centre is part of Earlsmead Primary School, and provides a range of services for children under 4 and their parents. Our services include:
- Stay & Play supported playgroup sessions three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1.15pm - 3pm)
- The Two-Year Old Nursery Programme (every morning 9am - 12pm)
- Free for 2's Nursery Programme (Monday to Friday 1.15pm - 3pm)
- A baby group for non walkers every Tuesday (1.15pm - 3pm).
We work in partnership with other agencies within and outside of Haringey to offer a range of ancillary services, for example:
- Family Support and Parenting Classes, from the Family Support Team and CAMHS,
- Benefits Advice in partnership with Jobcentre Plus,
- ESOL and Adult Literacy classes in partnership with Haringey Adult Learning Service
- Immunisation and Oral Health workshops every term in partnership with Tynemouth Road’s Health Visiting Team
- Free Healthy Start vitamins for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
- Book & Toy Bus and free Bookstart packs for all children on registration in partnership with Haringey Libraries
- Information and advice on Nursery and Childminder provision in the local area.
- Support and advice with the transition from nursery/childminder/home to school.
- Supervised Contact for Looked-after Children in partnership with Haringey Council’s Looked-After Children Team
- A small after-school play provision for children in Earlsmead School
With the exception of the after-school club, all our activities and services are free of charge. If you want to access these services, or want advice or information about any services or activities available for children under 6 and their families in the Tottenham and wider Haringey area, come into the centre and speak to Michele, Sheila or Sayera, or call us on 020 8885 6197.