Healthy Lifestyle and Sport
PE and Sport Premium
The Department for Education provides funding for primary school sport, to enable schools to build on the legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. This funding is called the PE and sport premium. This academic year, we will be using funding from our Sports Premium to further develop our Sports Curriculum. We have a Premier Sport Coach working alongside children and staff, developing key skills and enhancing the teaching and learning of PE.
Sports Premium Spending Plan 2016-17
2015 - 2016 Achievements
A few of our achievements in sport and promoting healthy living at Earlsmead:
- Work with Wesley from Premier Sport was met with great enthusiasm by children, parents and staff. We will maintain our relationship with Premier Sport for the academic year 2016-2017.
- We took part in Sports Relief and raised £800! A huge well done to everyone.
- We produced a 5 and 10 minute walking zone around school with help from Haringey Council, in line with our STARS accreditation
- We achieved GOLD status for our Healthy Schools initiative
- We were featured on the BBC evening news, outlining our commitment to challenging obesity in school.
Every year the children come together in a celebration of sport and teamwork. Take a look at some of the pictures of us participating in different sporting events in Markfield Park.
Don’t forget to check our Sports Clubs which run after school.